A “Rädle” is a seasonally open farm or estate bar where you can enjoy a snack in addition to home-made wine or must.
A “Rädle” can only operate within a time frame of four months, divided into two connected periods. So if you are in Lindau during this time, a visit is definitely worthwhile!
What makes a "Rädle"
What is called differently elsewhere, is called Rädle or Rädlewirtschaft at the Bavarian Lake Constance: Sit comfortably together, enjoy local specialties and simply enjoy the atmosphere and life – that is what these farm or estate taverns are about.
The term means as much as “in the wheel around – one after the other”. A wooden cart wheel is often hung at the entrance of the inn to indicate that the business is open.
“Rädle” are only open for a few weeks a year and are very popular with locals and guests because of their extraordinary atmosphere.
"Rädle" in Lindau
Schönauer “Rädle”/Fruit farm Brög
- Our own wine from the Ringoldsberg vineyard, must from our own apples, schnapps, snacks, hot souls, jam bread etc.
Degelstein /Teresa Deufel
- Own wine, snacks, jazz events on some evenings
Rädle Haug wine estate
- 9 June – 4 July 2021: open from 4 p.m.
- 1 September – 19 September 2021: open from 4pm
- Homemade wines, regional specialties, cheese fondue to “cook by yourself”, live music on some evenings