can now be reached even faster and more often. The new Reutin station, located on the mainland, serves as a long-distance stop in Lindau. Six direct train connections are available daily between Zurich via Winterthur, St. Gallen, Bregenz and Lindau to Munich. This way you can enjoy the panorama at Lake Constance in comfort and make a valuable contribution to preserving the unique nature at Lake Constance.
More comfortable & faster
Since the opening of the Reutin station in December 2020, you can travel comfortably to Lindau. The train connects the two metropolises of Munich and Zurich and offers guests not only 75 percent more seats but also a faster and, above all, more environmentally friendly travel option. Enjoy ICE comfort on the Swiss high-speed train and thus an attractive travel offer.
A total journey time of 4 hours between Munich and Zurich. From the state capital to the lighthouse in just under 2 hours and from Lake Zurich to Lake Constance in just under 2 hours as well. So you can enjoy our region even better and more easily and start your holiday by the water.
Climate friendly travel
By travelling by train, you make a valuable contribution to the preservation of nature in the region. With the new train to Lindau you travel more climate-friendly than ever before! Only 2.31 kg CO2 per 100 km.
Your advantages at a glance:
- Arrive right in the centre without transfer and waiting times. No need to search for a parking space. Numerous mobility offers on site.
- Use the entire “SBB Onboard” entertainment programme free of charge thanks to WiFi.
- Modern train with lots of travel comfort, including on-board restaurant, space to relax and work.
- Benefit from international saver tickets even on connecting services, e.g. from Berne, Basel or Lucerne.
Mobile on site
Once you have arrived in Lindau city centre or on the island, you can enjoy an uncomplicated onward journey. The city bus, taxi or limousine service will take you quickly and easily to your desired location. Regional trains will continue to call at the island railway station, from where you can reach Lindau harbour on foot in one minute.
The introduction of the Echt Bodensee Card (EBC) will also enable Lindau’s overnight guests to use numerous forms of public transport free of charge. You can travel free of charge on city buses, regional buses and regional trains throughout the Bodensee Oberschwaben Verkehrsverbund (bodo). In addition, the EBC gives you attractive discounts at more than 185 attractions and excursion destinations in the four-country region of Lake Constance.
Travel times & tickets
- Shortened journey time to Switzerland: Zurich – Lindau in 2:05 hours
- Shortened journey time to Munich: Munich – Lindau in 1:54 hours
- Six direct train connections daily
- Tickets from € 22.00
Want some time out?
Visit the island and garden city of Lindau in Lake Constance and book your train ticket to Lindau right away.Book now