The Lindau Tourism and Congress GmbH
Holiday and congress tourism in symbiosis
Lindau Tourismus und Kongress GmbH has been committed to the destination of Lindau since 2012. “The object of the company is the promotion of the tourism industry in the area of the city of Lindau (Lake Constance), especially in the areas of holiday tourism and congress tourism” – this is the title of the articles of association of Lindau Tourismus und Kongress GmbH at the beginning of the company’s partnership agreement. The autonomy associated with the legal form ensures that the company, which is the successor to “ProLindau Marketing GmbH & Co. KG” the necessary scope for the company, which was founded as the successor to “ProLindau Marketing GmbH & Co.
The Inselhalle is of great importance for conference and congress tourism: not only does it offer an attractive future to long-standing regular customers such as the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings, it also attracts new event formats and other conference organisers to Lake Constance. This area is thus also the most important lever for revitalising the island and garden city in the early and late seasons.
Establishment of an unmistakable, likeable brand
The heart and link of all activities is the Lindau brand. “We want to make the Lindau brand unmistakable and make a performance and quality promise that makes it unique compared to the competition,” explains LTK Managing Director Carsten Holz. This applies both to the profile as a congress and conference location and to classic holiday marketing, which for the Lindau tourism experts are the two cornerstones of their work.
LTK sees itself here not only as a committed and reliable partner of the Lindau tourism industry, but also as a driver for quality and innovative ideas, for example in the area of addressing visitors: “Which topics will move the guests of tomorrow and which values are important to them? How can we offer our guests an unforgettable holiday experience? For which travel occasions does Lindau offer the ideal setting, and how can we steadily increase our attractiveness as a tourist destination?”. Carsten Holz and his team provide answers to these questions to make Lindau relevant and visible as a potential travel destination. The fact that these activities also strengthen the financial basis of the GmbH is a doubly positive effect: after all, LTK’s revenues directly benefit tourism marketing and strengthen the location.
Sustainability has a high priority in everyday working life
Sustainability of an ecological and social nature is becoming more and more important. We think that’s good too. That is why we summarise the sustainable aspects of LTK here. Nobody is perfect, sustainability is a continuous process that we also want to continue to work on.
We are already doing this well:
- We use 100% green electricity from Stadtwerke Lindau for all our locations, offices and venues.
- Our print products, such as the holiday magazine, are printed climate neutrally and locally as standard (FSC seal).
- LED lighting in all conference rooms of the Inselhalle.
- We are a member of “fairpflichtet”.
- The Inselhalle’s air-conditioning system cools the room temperature to a maximum of 10 degrees cooler than the outside temperature. There is also a highly effective ventilation and cooling machine that can be adjusted to save energy.
- We offer all overnight guests climate-neutral travel on public transport with the Echt Bodensee Card from April 2021.
- We sell Lindau soulbottles and beach bags made of recycled material in our shop.
- Our own sustainable travel guide helps our guests find their way around.
- Our newsletter is sent exclusively by email.
- With the e-mobility offer from just explore, we offer our guests an alternative to discover the region on two and four wheels in a climate-friendly way.
We will be getting even better in this area in the near future:
- Conversion of the park-camping lighting to LED
- Expansion of the photovoltaic system at Park-Camping Lindau
- Purchase of an electric car as a company car
- Rainwater utilisation (and possible treatment) at Park-Camping Lindau
- Creation of a sustainability concept for the Lindau island hall