The Lindau Tourism and Congress GmbH
Holiday and congress tourism in symbiosis
Lindau Tourismus und Kongress GmbH has been committed to the destination of Lindau since 2012. “The object of the company is the promotion of the tourism industry in the area of the city of Lindau (Lake Constance), especially in the areas of holiday tourism and congress tourism” – this is the title of the articles of association of Lindau Tourismus und Kongress GmbH at the beginning of the company’s partnership agreement. The autonomy associated with the legal form ensures that the company, which is the successor to “ProLindau Marketing GmbH & Co. KG” the necessary scope for the company, which was founded as the successor to “ProLindau Marketing GmbH & Co.
The Inselhalle is of great importance for conference and congress tourism: not only does it offer an attractive future to long-standing regular customers such as the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings, it also attracts new event formats and other conference organisers to Lake Constance. This area is thus also the most important lever for revitalising the island and garden city in the early and late seasons.
Establishment of an unmistakable, likeable brand
The heart and link of all activities is the Lindau brand. “We want to make the Lindau brand unmistakable and make a performance and quality promise that makes it unique compared to the competition,” explains LTK Managing Director Carsten Holz. This applies both to the profile as a congress and conference location and to classic holiday marketing, which for the Lindau tourism experts are the two cornerstones of their work.
LTK sees itself here not only as a committed and reliable partner of the Lindau tourism industry, but also as a driver for quality and innovative ideas, for example in the area of addressing visitors: “Which topics will move the guests of tomorrow and which values are important to them? How can we offer our guests an unforgettable holiday experience? For which travel occasions does Lindau offer the ideal setting, and how can we steadily increase our attractiveness as a tourist destination?”. Carsten Holz and his team provide answers to these questions to make Lindau relevant and visible as a potential travel destination. The fact that these activities also strengthen the financial basis of the GmbH is a doubly positive effect: after all, LTK’s revenues directly benefit tourism marketing and strengthen the location.
Sustainability has a high priority in everyday working life
Sustainability of an ecological and social nature is becoming more and more important. We think that’s good too. That is why we summarise the sustainable aspects of LTK here. Nobody is perfect, sustainability is a continuous process that we also want to continue to work on.
We already do this well internally…
- We use 100% green electricity from the Lindau public utility company for all our locations, offices and venues.
- LED lighting in the offices at the Linggstraße and Inselhalle locations.
- Our print products, such as the holiday magazine, are printed climate neutrally and locally as standard (FSC seal).
- We are gradually converting our merchandise products to sustainable products.
- We refrain from issuing giveaways.
- Our newsletter is sent exclusively by e-mail.
- The air conditioning in the Inselhalle cools the room temperature to a maximum of 10 degrees cooler than the outside temperature. There is also a highly effective ventilation and cooling machine that can be adjusted to save energy.
- our company car is an e-car.
- Switching drinks from Coca-Cola to fritz Kola and sourcing our coffee from the local coffee roaster Hensler.
- We use the coffee grounds as fertiliser.
- We are a member of “fairpflichtet”.
… also at the Park-Camping:
- LED lighting at the park campsite for sanitary facilities, pirate’s nest, “self-cooking” pavilion, and various side rooms.
- Motion detector – “lighting on demand”.
- New solar thermal feed pump, which enables better use of the heat energy provided by solar energy through a higher feed rate.
- Electric hot water boiler in sanitary facility 3 was replaced with a better insulated electric boiler with heat pump technology with the option for solar thermal (hybrid operation).
- Path renewal: Asphalt pavements were replaced with pavements that can seep (unsealing of surfaces, simplified repair options).
- We have also been certified for this: with the Ecocamping award and the ECHT nachhaltig award of the Deutsche Bodensee Tourismus GmbH.
We offer these sustainable options to our guests and service providers:
- All overnight guests have been able to use climate-neutral public transport since April 2021 with the Echt Bodensee Card.
- We are a member of bwegtPLUS and reward sustainable travel by train.
- Information events on certification opportunities for businesses.
We will get even better at this in the near future:
- Switching cleaning agents to a more environmentally friendly alternative.
- Expansion of the photovoltaic system at Park-Camping Lindau
- Rainwater utilisation (and possible treatment) at the Park-Camping Lindau
- Creation of a sustainability concept for the Inselhalle Lindau
Furthermore, we also work together with the Deutsche Bodensee Tourismus GmbH in the project group “ECHT Nachhaltig”. In order to make Lindau’s responsible activities visible and tangible for the whole of Lake Constance.